Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Made This: Toiletry Bag

Before
As a crafty person, I feel like I should have some basic sewing skills. I have a lot of big plans for future sewing projects, and I actually own a sewing machine even if it's at my parent's house since I don't have room for it in our NYC apartment. So when I saw a Groupon deal for a 2 hour Beginner's Sewing Class at The Sewing Studio, I pounced.

Tonight, I attended the workshop and was more than pleased. It made me feel a lot more at ease with a sewing machine and was overall just a great experience. They let us pick from a few different fabrics for our project, they were all cute, but the polka dot was just a no brainer for me. I came home with a new handmade toiletry bag! 

It was cute, but I just felt like it was dying for a bow. Of course, I just happen to have some pink, polka dotted ribbon lying around. So when I got home I heated up the glue gun and got to work. Ideally, I would've purchased a thicker ribbon, but in this case, the best ribbon for the job was the one I already owned.

After
I also took copious notes so that I will remember all the valuable stuff I learned, since it will be at least a few more years until I have a place big enough for my sewing machine. If anyone is interested in step-by-step instructions, leave a comment and I'll take the time to type them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment