Saturday, February 4, 2012

I Made This: Seashell Shadow Box

Seashell Shadow Box
We have 3 Shadow Boxes above our bed in our bedroom commemorating special occasions in our life. One of them has the leis from our Honeymoon in Hawaii, another has the medals and race bibs from Mike's 2 Half Ironman and Full Ironman races last year. The third had Mardi Gras beads from my Great Aunt Eda's 75th Birthday Party in New Orleans. I was never very happy with the way that turned out though, I was just never able to get the beads to fall in a good way.

I had a bunch of shells from our First Anniversary trip to St. Martin that I wasn't sure what to do with, so I thought this might be an opportunity to redo this box. What happened next was totally organic, I just started lining up the shells in rows and was really happy with the result. I also made a little sign signifying which beach vacation these shells were from on some scrapbook paper. I rearranged a couple of times to get the right mix of textures and colors, but it was actually pretty quick and easy. After I got the layout set, I pulled out the old hot glue gun and went to work.

For anyone interested, here is the link to the shadow box I used available from Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment