Saturday, February 4, 2012

I Made This: Beach Vacation Jar

Beach Vacation Jar
I've had a bag of shells sitting around from our Puerto Rico Vacation last year that I wanted to do something special with. After seeing some inspirational ideas on my newest obsession Pinterest, I finally knew what I wanted to do. I got really lucky, when a coworker left behind a short glass vase with a very slight bluish tint. I claimed it, especially for this project and knew it was perfect. Unfortunately, I didn't bring home any sand, so I ordered some craft sand from Amazon.

From there, it was a super quick and easy assembly. I filled up the vase with sand, then chose my favorite shells to place on top. I decided to throw in a tea light candle, although I don't really intend to light it, I just liked the way it looks. I also made little flags out of toothpicks and sandy colored scrap-booking paper to commemorate which trip they were from. I had a bunch of really neat sea urchin shells left over that seemed a shame not to use, so I hot glued them to a silver, wire-edged ribbon to go around the vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment