Friday, December 20, 2013

Theatre Review: The Glass Menagerie

Playbill: The Glass Menagerie


Pre-Theatre Meal: Danji
Accompanied By: Mike

Surprisingly I have never read nor seen the classic Tennessee Williams "The Glass Menagerie" so I went into this play "blind" so to speak. Which is exactly how I like to experience theatre, I love to be on the journey as things unfold with no idea where they are going.

I am a huge fan of Celia Keenan-Bolger since seeing her in Peter and the Starcatcher and she did not disappoint as Laura. I also love Zachary Quinto from Star Trek & Heroes, so it was a real treat to see that he had bonafide stage acting chops. And while this was my first time seeing Cherry Jones, I was not surprised to find she was an absolute power given her long and impressive resume.

I would love to see another production of this play, because I could easily see how depending on the Director's/Actors' choices you could find yourself leaning more towards Tom leaving vs staying, but I for one was very conflicted (although Mike was much less so and thought he should absolutely get the eff outta dodge).

No comments:

Post a Comment