Sunday, July 1, 2012

I Made This: Toilet Paper Roll Wall Decor Part 1


I was inspired by the toilet paper/paper towel roll crafts I saw on Pinterest and decided to give it a try for myself. 

First I cut up the toilet paper rolls in to 4 pieces and then cut the paper towel ones into corresponding sizes. Next I layed out the pieces in a variety of patterns until I found the ones I liked best. Finally, I hot glued them together to get the above.

As much as I liked them, the unfinished brown paper made them unmistakably look like toilet paper roll crafts, so I wanted to finish/paint them. I also read on Pinterest that you can mix some acrylic paint and water in a spray bottle to make DIY spray paint.

The problem with this approach was that to get it enough paint coverage I wound up saturating the  wreath and it basically disintegrated leading to the mess pictured below. FAIL. Luckily, I was a bit wary of this approach so only tested on one of my creations. Next time I will try actual spray paint to see if they hold up. Stay tuned for the results!



No comments:

Post a Comment