Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Savvy Shopper: Lady in Red


I'd been in the market for a new winter coat for quite some time when I finally laid eyes on the Lady Day Coat from J.Crew. I knew I was smitten, but I also couldn't ignore the three hundred dollar price tag. Finally, J.Crew marked it down to a price that I started feeling much more comfortable with. Then, in December they had a 30% off all Outerwear sale! Great! ...except I was smack dab in the middle of my Christmas shopping so couldn't shell out the money at that time. So I missed out, the Holidays came and went, and then I hunkered down to play the waiting game. In February my patience paid off and J.Crew announced another 30% Outerwear sale. Well, you better believe that coat was in my cart before you could say Billie Holiday. I picked red after the husband vetoed the pink one and with my low tolerance for cold it was a no brainer to spring for the Thinsulate version. Here are the results:

Originally: $318
Marie Paid: $180
= Total savings of $138 or 44%

No comments:

Post a Comment