Friday, December 4, 2009

POTD: Awkwardest pose ever?


Now I've watched my fair share of AMNTM which I feel has given me some insight into the fashion modeling industry. For example, I've learned that as a model you want to capture people's attention, but you don't want to steal attention away from the garment you are trying to sell. With that in mind, I'm having a really hard time picturing how this photo shoot went.

Photographer: Ok, now for this dress, let's just go for awkward.
Model: Ummm, ok, so like this?
Photog: Oh no, definitely not awkward enough. Try jutting out an elbow at a funky angle. Yah, yah, ok, now try looking...more constipated.
Model: Like this?
Photog: Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for. This is definitely going to make women want to buy this dress.

2 comments: