Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Made This: States We've Lived Wall Decor


The "states we've lived in" craft is pretty popular on Pinterest and I thought it was a pretty cute decorative touch that is a bit of a conversation starter. I ordered a Rand McNally road map off of Amazon, but when I got it the states were WAY too big. So I Googled some state outlines and printed out to trace over the road maps for cutting out. 

I easily could've just used those printed out shapes, but I just really liked the idea of using actual maps so forged ahead. I tried to make it so that the city printed on the map was in the right place. As a marker of where we lived, I used a heart punch on red paper.

Even though it took a little longer than I hoped, it was still a fairly low effort craft and I was happy with how it turned out. For the corresponding frames I dug up one of the Save The Dates from our wedding and made a super quick print out of "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose" from Friday Night Lights which we are obsessed with. Eventually, I'd like to do a nicer version of that, but for the time being, it works. Altogether, this is now above our TV in our living room:



No comments:

Post a Comment